Please call ahead to make sure the office is open 636-456-3044
Welcome to the Warren County Planning and Zoning site. Warren County adopted its first comprehensive Master Plan on March 21, 1983. The Master Plan was revised in 2011. The Warren County Zone Order was subsequently adopted on November 27, 1985 and revised on August 1, 1994. Starting in May of 2012, ten separate Township meetings were held around the County to show the citizens the proposed changes to the Zoning Map. A public hearing was held in August with the Planning and Zoning Commission and a final public hearing was held with the County Commission in September of 2012. The newest Zoning Map and Zoning Districts went into effect on September 17, 2012. Since then, various Articles of the Zoning Code have been updated after public hearings with the Planning and Zoning Commission and the County Commission. The Amended Codes are now available on the website. The purpose of the Master Plan and Zone Order are to promote the health, safety, comfort, and general welfare of the citizens of the County; to conserve the natural resources of the County; to secure coordinated land use; and to aid in the efficient deployment of public improvements.
To make it easier for you, the citizens of Warren County, to get information, we have put the forms and information you will need on this website.
- If you are building a residence, or other structure, you will need the Structure Packet. It gives you everything you need to apply for a zoning permit. If you are building a residence, go to the Sanitarian link for the steps on a sewage system.
- If your property is in the Floodplain you will need the Floodplain Packet and the Elevation Certificate.
- If you want to put a business on your property, you may need a Conditional Use Packet.
- If you want to Rezone your property, you will need a Rezone Application.
If you have questions or other concerns, please call us, we’ll be glad to assist you.
ATTENTION: At this time unincorporated Warren County does not require a Certificate of Occupancy. Please check to make sure you are not in a city district.
Bill Roemer – Planning & Zoning Administrator
101 Mockingbird Ln
Warrenton, MO 63383
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 2021 Updated Zoning Codes
- Master Plan
- Flood Ordinance
- 2022 Structure Packet
- Subdivision Application
- Floodplain Development Permit
- Flood Plain Packet
- Elevation Certificate
- Conditional Use Packet
- 2022 Rezone Packet
- Notarized Affidavit Form
- 2022 Tower Upgrade or Shared Use Application
- 2019 Electric Only Without a Zoning Permit
- Zoning Setbacks
- 2022 Fee Schedule