For employment opportunities within the Warren County Sheriff’s Department, please visit the Warren County Sheriff’s Department Employment page.
Please find our employment opportunities listed below. To apply please visit:
Warren County Administration Building
Warren County Clerk’s Office
101 Mockingbird Lane Ste 302
Warrenton, Mo 63383
Or send your resume to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Building & Grounds Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor / Warren County Commission
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for performing semi-skilled tasks in a multi-craft environment, including the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, electronics, carpentry, plumbing, security and grounds elements of County Buildings and facilities.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Assists in the repair, maintenance and remodeling of plumbing and pipefitting systems, equipment and facilities.
- Assists in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic lighting, data communication, security, control and related systems; performs installation and repair of motor, generators, transformers, conduit, and interior wiring components.
- Performs rough and finish carpentry; assists in installing ceiling and flooring materials; installs locks, closing devices and other door and window hardware.
- Performs painting of interior and exterior building surfaces; prepares surfaces for painting, protects surrounding surfaces and uses a variety of methods to apply paint or other covering materials such as brushes, rollers and spray equipment.
- Mows, trims, edges, fertilizes; weeds, prunes, mulches, fertilizes and sprays trees, plants and shrubbery; prepares soil for planting; seeds and re-sods lawn areas; plants trees, seedlings and shrubs.
- Performs snow removal and salting of facilities and access ways.
- Operates and maintains a variety of hand and power tools and equipment related to activities.
- Observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment; secures worksites from safety hazards as necessary; attends safety meetings.
- Maintains basic records of work performed.
- Represents the County with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma/GED; and one (1) year of general maintenance experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic principles, equipment, methods and materials used in building and grounds maintenance activities.
- Operation and maintenance of a variety of hand, power and shop tools used in a variety of trade areas.
- Shop mathematics.
- Methods and techniques of planting, transplanting, cultivating, pruning and maintaining a variety of lawns, ground cover, plants, shrubs, hedges and trees.
- Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals in person and over the telephone
- Safely using and maintaining hand and power tools related to the work.
- Performing general maintenance work, individually or as a member of a crew, in various areas.
- Maintaining a variety of landscaped areas.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Understanding and following oral and written directions.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work.
- Missouri Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Strength and mobility to work in a typical field or shop maintenance setting, including operating hand and power tools; stamina to perform sustained physical labor, including standing, walking, climbing and working in confined or awkward spaces; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with proper equipment; vision to read printed materials; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a telephone.
JOB TITLE: Road and Bridge Employee
DEPARTMENT: Road and Bridge
REPORTS TO: Road Foreman / Supervisor
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled functions associated with the operation of heavy equipment relating to maintenance and construction of roads within the County. Also performs other related road maintenance functions either manually or with a variety of hand tools.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non essential or marginal duties that my be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
Operates various pieces of the heavy highway construction and maintenance equipment, such as graders, front end loader, chip spreaders, trucks including tractor and low boy trailers, tractor with mounted rotary mower, excavator, backhoe, bulldozer, tandem axle and dump truck with snow plow.
Performs manual labor duties requiring the use of hand tools such as shovels, picks, axes, saws, power drills, post hole diggers, and up to 80lb. jack hammer. Operates light equipment such as patch roller, forklift and hand mower.
Performs preparation and patching of damaged roadway area with asphalt including shoveling, and raking of the asphalt. Controls traffic at work site by flagging and/or placing barricades. Also performs other manual labor duties such as cutting weeds, push mowers, weed eaters, etc.
Performs manual patching of road surfaces using various tools and heavy equipment. Cleans and installs culverts, drainage structures and bridges. Completes tasks in support of road and bridge maintenance to include sign repair, carpentry work, fence installation jack hammering, power tampering, painting, erosions control and drainage, tree trimming, yard maintenance and weed control. Helps in cleaning of all shop and building areas and aids in shop mechanics when possible. Shop mechanics, including repairing equipment, oil changes, tire repairs, etc.
Removes snow from roads and other public thoroughfares; spreads salt or sand onto the roadway with tandem axle truck.
Checks and maintains proper fluid levels and air pressures of equipment.
Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of road construction methods, materials and specifications; knowledge of the operation and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
Knowledge of safety rules, regulations and practices.
Equipment operators must have the ability to read and may be required to interpret grade stakes. Ability to perform strenuous manual labor for extended periods of time.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to communicate effectively with assigned personnel; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, other employees, and the general public.
High School diplomas/GED and (1) year of experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Equivalent combination of education and experience that satisfy the requirements of the job.
Possession of a Missouri CDL Class “A or B” driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within sixty days of employment.
Position requires exposure to all weather conditions, high noise levels, dust, fumes, and other road traffic conditions. Shift work for snowstorms may require extended hours.
May be asked from time to time to work unusual or additional hours, weekends and holidays.
All employees must provide their own outer wear for extreme weather conditions including gloves, safety boots, coveralls, hats, etc. The County shall furnish hardhats, safety vest, uniforms and ear protection.